Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Website use and e-commerce
- Information about the Organisation
- This website is owned by Parkside Corporation Ltd trading as Parkside Guest House which is a guest house and the registered office/place of business is The Coach House, Grange Road, West Cowick, Goole DN14 9EL trading address is Parkside House, Main Street, Pollington, DN14 0DW. References to ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’ refer to Parkside Guesthouse as well.
- References to ‘you’ or ‘your’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- Our registered company number is 379396
- We are not a VAT registered company
- We are regulated via East Riding Council and a member of Booking.com , trip advisor , expedia and hotels.com. Our membership numbers are available upon request.
- We are required by law to hold suitable public liability and/or professional indemnity insurance. Details of our insurance cover can be seen displayed in the Guest House on the wall or sent over via request.
- If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
- Service availability
- While we shall endeavour to make this site available at all times, we will not be liable if, for any reason, the site is unavailable for any period of time.
- Access to this site may be suspended at any time without prior notice being given.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- We are not liable for any damages arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using the site.
- The materials on this site comprise general information and opinion; they do not constitute legal or other professional advice. You should consult your professional adviser for legal or other advice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- This site offers links to other sites thereby enabling you to leave this site and go directly to the linked site. We are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link in a linked site. We are not responsible for any transmission received from any linked site. The links are provided to assist visitors to the our website and the inclusion of a link does not imply that we endorse or have approved the linked site.
- It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- If you enter your personal data on this website for any purpose you warrant that such information is true and accurate. You agree not to impersonate another person, use a false name and information or to use a name and information which you are not authorised to use.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- Online transactions and bookings
- Ordering, offers and acceptance and creation of a contract
You may submit an enquiry to purchase particular goods or services offered or advertised by us on this website or elsewhere. Such an offer, whether done by submitting a booking, web enquiry or other statement to similar effect does not create a binding contract between us and you.
On receipt of your booking we will send you confirmation that we have received your booking / or we may contact you at the details given to discuss your booking / confirm acceptance of your booking and conclusion of booking arrangements or queries.
Where it is stated that any booking involves an obligation to pay you will not be deemed to have submitted a booking where the payment is not authorised / card details to secure a booking has failed checks or not authorised.
A booking may not be accepted by us for the following reasons (this list is not exhaustive):
- We do not have the specific availability required
- We are unable for organisational reasons to fulfil all your booking requirements
- Due to a pricing or offer/service description error
- Due to legal, postal or other restrictions meaning that you are not eligible to book the selected rooms or dates you require
- Due to a failure to obtain authorisation for any payment
Your booking will be accepted and the contract concluded when we have sent you written confirmation that we have accepted your booking/ via sending a confirmation email or using the contact details provided to confirm your booking/ when we have confirmed that we are able to accommodate your booking and have received full card details / payment as required and notified to you. Any card details supplied are stored on our system for the purpose of the one booking and are then deleted and cannot be re-used. There are no charges for card use and we cannot accept American Express due to our merchant world pay not able to process these.
Any information will be concluded in English.
- Cooling off and cancellation of services for consumers
You have the right to cancel your booking prior to acceptance of your booking or 24 hours before you are due to check into the premises. Providing you have notified us of cancellation of the booking 24 hours or more before your due to check in any monies taking will be refunded back to the card it was paid on.
You have the right to cancel your booking 24 hours or more before check in.
- Where any cancellation is made 24 hours after check in was due the first night of the booking will be charged.
- Where any cancellation is made in the middle of the booking half of the booking will be charged.
- Where any cancellation is made after you would have checked out or upon check out day the full stay will be charged.
- Any refund payable to you will be made within 14 days of receipt of cancellation. The refund will be paid by the same method as your original payment unless agreed by you otherwise or if not possible.
Your right of cancellation applies to the booking as a whole. If you wish to cancel only part of the booking and it is 24 hours prior to check in we will amend the booking and only charge for what is required. If a change or cancellation is required during your stay then let us know at your earliest convenience and we will amend the booking if we physically can dependant on other bookings it is at our discretion with regards cancelled nights during your stay to receive a refund.
Any refund payable to you will be made within 14 days of receipt by us of the returned goods. The refund will be paid by the same method as your original payment unless agreed by you otherwise or if not possible.
Your right of cancellation only applies to the contract as a whole. If you wish to return only some of the goods this is at our discretion.